Saturday, December 8, 2007

Why this blog?

After all of these years, why am I starting a blog? On the website are lots of letters with answers about rug questions, but there always seems to be more that come in. By just answering the writer, no one else gets to learn the answer to the question. The "interesting" ones I have kept in a file hoping someday to get the answers posted on the web. Well, that file now has 6,437 letters in it that I can’t begin to organize in any meaningful way.

So, I’m going to start a blog to catch up with some rug questions. Beyond that, there are also topics that I’ve considered in the past that really don’t fit in the category of rug making at all. From old time kid’s crafts, to life here in the mountains of Idaho, including some of my own past-times, there are just so many things that I think other rug makers might just be interested in. So here goes.
Welcome to my Rambling around the Rugmakers Homestead!

No comments: